Flatpack 1 Reason RefillFlatpack 1 was born out of our desire to make a truly portable version of our vintage analog synth studio. FP1 predates the Combinator, so we had to use a combination of thoughtful sampling and patch design to recreate our instruments with Reason's basic devices. Since then, we've been able to add to Flatpack 1 by creating Combinator updates, available to download by registered users.
The Flatpack PhilosophyWe tried plenty of off the shelf sample libraries with Reason, but never seemed to get the control and nuances of a true analogue based synth set-up. Flatpack is not a sample CD that happens to support the Reason Refill format. It’s a bespoke sound source, tailored to take full advantage of Reason’s sample and synth manipulation features. Experimenting with Reason’s ReDrum module, we realised with skilful sampling, the controls could be made to emulate our classic drum machines.
Flatpack combines our vintage signal path with 24- bit recording to get the deepest and crispest sounding patches.
Flatpack Reason RefillsThe Flatpack concept is to create fully tweak-able instruments and modular sound sources rather than sample patches. The Refill format, and especially the Combinator, make Reason one the best sound design environments
Rule of ThumbFlatpack a warm, lush library of multi-sampled pads and textures. And for added measure, we threw in some distinct and atmospheric instruments like the Hohner Melodica.
The Reason Malström and Subtractor synths provided us with more opportunities to explore the weird and wonderful.
Our rule of thumb for patches, drum samples, and REX loops is simple: no fillers. There’s no point in packing a library with samples you skim over to find the good ones.
- 30 Redrum kits: 15 Classic + 15 Unusual analog synth drum kits:
- 600+ drum samples
- 200+ original REX loops: including acoustic Percussion, Music and Synths, Rhythmic FX, Electronic Beats and loops
- 60 NN-XT patches and sample sets, including: Classic Keys, Electronic Keys, Pads, Melodicas & Organs
- 50 NN-19 patches and sample sets, including: TB303, Moogs, MS20, VP-330, The legendary Casio VL-Tone!
- 100 Subtractor Patches
- 100 Malstrom Patches.
- 200+ MB of gorgeous, ambient, and weird textures included as .wav data for versatility.
- Requirements: Reason v 2.0 or higher.